"RDF processor"? "understand"??? [was: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-08-25]

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 10:41, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com wrote:
[...]
> 13: Meaning of rdf:type and relationship between RDF and RDFS
> (a) must any RDF processor

what's an 'RDF processor'?

We're defining a language, not a software module, right?

The first occurence of the term in
  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/
is in the discussion of issues. It's not used anywhere
in the spec. (Whew!)

It doesn't occur at all in
  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/

(whew!)

> understand

What does 'understand' mean?

You can ask (and expect an answer from our specs)
whether one RDF document simply entails another, or whether
it rdfs-entails another. But our specs don't speak
of 'RDF processors', let alone 'understand'.