Re: Alternative representation of typed literal nodes in NTriples (and N3)

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:56:05 +0100
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

>>>Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com said:
>

> Oops. My bad. If untyped literals are untidy, I guess we need some
> distinct names for them ...

Well, no actually.

If literals are untidy and only in the object position, then you
don't need to give them ids in N-Triples.  If at some point literals
were allowed in the subject position, then you will have to give them
ids.  We haven't made that decision yet, and N-Triples only needs to
change when that happens, not before.

And delete the qnames.

I thought the group already agreed that a document convention of
using 'xsd:decimal', 'rdf:type' and so on for the appropriate URI is
OK.  It happens the primer and MT use that in N-Triples, the syntax
WD doesn't.

Dave