RE: new datatyping proposal consistent with OMG's MOF

These are all provided for by XML Schema primitive datatypes,
and can be supported without making such datatypes native
to RDF.

> MOF is an industry standard that has been around for years.
> If we choose
> a similar path, we are likely to be on the safe side. Moreover, a
> similar treatment of datatypes in RDF will facilitate the
> alignment of
> MOF and RDF (see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Aug/0042
.html for
details).

MOF and RDF can be just as well aligned using the
stake-in-the-ground mechanisms without native RDF
datatypes. I see nothing compelling here that would
require such datatypes to be native to RDF.