RE: type test case

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:09:03 +0300
To: <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
Cc: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>, <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>, <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Well, the XML Schema spec explicitly mentions that xsi:type
is used to specify a Simple Type (2.2.1.2) or Complex Type (2.2.1.3)
so it is IMO reasonable for any application that sees xsi:type
to presume that the datatype in question conforms to XML Schema.

So, even if the "range" of xsi:type is a QName, that QName is
expected to denote an XML Schema type.

No?

Patrick