Datatyping survey

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 11:17:10 +0100
To: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Looking at the various responses to the survey, it seems to me that there
isn't a clear community consensus about what is desired or
needed.  Following the lead of others [1,2] I'm thinking it's time to
reduce the problem to something we can agree on.

Agreeing with Jeremy, I think nobody has problems with the local typing
idiom.  Maybe the global datatyping idiom, however seductive, is just a Bad
Idea?  I'm ready to throw in the towel on that bit.  I think it's better
not to try and specify it than to specify it badly.

[1] Jeremy's messages:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jul/0170.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jul/0185.html
(latter part, what is URI for "Valentines day MT"?)

[2] Guha's message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jul/0199.html

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>