rdfs-constraining-containers, rdfs-container-membership-superProperty

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:42:36 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I suggest we resolve the rdfs-container-membership-superProperty by defining
e.g. rdfs:contains

I suggest we then declare rdfs-constraining-containers as out of scope on
the basis that it can be addressed by DAML+OIL. All indications are that OWL
will contrinue to address this issue.

The DAML+OIL mantra is:

<daml:Restriction rdf:ID="ConstrainedContainer">
    This is the class of resources all of
    whose rdfs:contains edges point to a
    resource of type eg:ElementsConstrainedToThisClass.
    To have a Bag, a Seq or an Alt with such a constrained
    declare the resource to have both type Bag and type
    Alternatively construct a new class that subclasses both
    this class and the desired container class.