Re: testcases for rdfs-domain-and-range

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:08:57 +0100
To: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
CC: barstow@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com wrote:

[...]

> You've seen that very good Brian!

You old charmer you .. :)

> There is indeed little value in the individual
> cases but I still believe very hard in the
>   "this is what it means in n-triples"
> when one applies the "entailment pattern"
> *across* the cases, and I mean also cases
> at other places.
> I think it is the beauty of something like
>   uri1 uri2 uri3 |= uri4
> that it can explain further meaning.
> I also think that it is perfectly
> automatable (at least we do it right now)
> but we indeed need some conventions for that.

So Jos, would you be willing to draft something for inclusion in
the test cases WD which explains how these tests work.

The syntax test cases area easy.  The directory name tells me what
is being tested.  The RDF/XML files define the input and the equivalent
.nt files define the correct output.  If my implementation produces
equivalent output to the .nt file, then it processing that test case
correctly.

Its probably best to assume that a significant part of our audience
may be new to FOL.