Re: Zip files of test cases

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:24:17 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]

> If we were to extend the test cases with different paradigms I would
> suggest:
> + the paradigm should be clear.
> + there should be no need to read a readme to understand a particular
> test
> + the different paradigms should be different top-level directories.

Right, I see what you mean.  You want an automatic way to determine
what sort of test to run on the data.

> e.g. we copy all the current tests into a directory "syntax" leaving the
> internal structure unchanged,

There is a rule that we don't create broken URI's so I'm relucant to move
the existing test cases.  But I'm sure we can work around that.

> Another paradigm I proposed earlier was "equality" where each test
> consisted of two or more RDF/XML files that contain the same model. I
> saw this as useful for testing xml:lang, which does not occur in
> N-triples.

Yet?  Am I right in assuming that the current direction the literal
discussion is taking will require a change to the representation of
literals in n-triples?