Re: Issue rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:12:31 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>Fortunately there are no users of this construction. (I wonder why?)
>Thus the backward compatibility argument is spurious, and we should ask
>why there are no users of this construction.
>Two reasons spring to my mind:
>+ maybe reification is less useful than was thought
>+ the lack of clarity about how to use reification effectively, and
>overly confusing syntactic rules act as obstacles to users,
>implementators, document writers, documentation writers at all levels.

I would appreciate any remarks from anyone on what the intended uses
of reification were. What would it be to 'use reification
effectively' ? Use it for what? Part of my problem with reification
has always been that I am unable to see a single effective use for in
it RDF; every suggested use I have seen has seemed to involve a
logical or conceptual error of some kind.

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax