Re: Closing rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: RDFCore WG minutes for the telecon 2001-10-12)

Hi Frank,

Frank Manola wrote:

[...]

> What I'm concerned about is our going through lengthy discussions on an
> issue (including to some extent trying to get words right), not
> capturing the details of the resolution of that issue in text that we
> can really use, and that people are happy with, but only a general
> intent, having the editor go off and write text to reflect that intent,
> and then having wordsmithing discussions on the results of the editor's
> efforts, often (I suspect) repeating those that have already taken
> place.  Or, to put it another way, I think a lot of wordsmithing
> effectively happens during the original discussions, and I'd like to see
> if we couldn't capture more of those words the first time, rather than
> (what I'm afraid of) having two sets of wordsmithing, separated by a
> general agreement.

Thats a good point.  The aim should be to capture discussion resolution as
accurately as possible, and avoid duplicate word smithing.  I'm sure the doc
editors will like to be given well smithed text.