Re: 2001-09-07#5 Literals (use cases/test inputs, please?)

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:38:30 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>>I'm starting to think this is worth changing the charter over:
>>if the xml:lang stuff is to be significant, it must be
>>in triple form.
>>

> This issue came up at today's telecon.
> Both chairs indicated that if the WG goes with Sergey's suggestion of using
> bNodes for expressing structured literals, and the WG felt that the
> lang-string stuff was too much in conflict with this, then we should seek to
> be rechartered. (And I think I understood this more generally, i.e. the
> charter requirement to move forward on types may require us to request an
> easing of some of our other charter restrictions).

That is not what this particular chair said.

I believe I said, that datatyping was important, that we should 'get it right',
and if getting it right was in conflict with the charter, we should solve the
charter problem.

I note ;) that one way to solve this sort of charter problem would be to leave
such an issue for the next round.  I say this not because I'm advocating that at
this stage, but just to make sure folks understand we are not necessarily
running out an liberalising the charter right now.

Brian