Re: 2001-09-28#9 - proposal for obsoleting test cases

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:45:48 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

(Largely in agreement).

The manifest file makes a lot of difference to this ...

The manifest file should show the approved test cases only.

Art:
>  o Create a zip file (named latest.zip) at the top of the repo.  This
>   zip will be updated as new TCs are added.  This zip may include
>   TCs that have not yet been approved by the WG.

Personally I would find latest.zip more useful if it did not include
unapproved TCs.

There is a maintenance issue here - is it realistic to update latest.zip on
every change.

As a test case user I would like to have a single URL that I go to to check
conformance with the latest WG decisions. Obviously that can link to other
URLs. Also a time lag is acceptable.

Jeremy