Re: NP completeness & rdf entailment, graph identity, MT etc.

On Monday, October 8, 2001, at 06:27  AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> This would mean - wait for it Aaron :) - that
>
> C:
>
> <uri> <pred> <uri2> .
> <uri> <pred> _:bnode .

* AaronSw pounces :-)

Oh dear, I sure hope my RDF parser doesn't start returning
_that_ any time soon. We've built something of a layered
architecture in RDF, and I want to keep it that way. I see no
reason an RDF parser should have to believe in the RDF Model
Theory. Instead, it should just spit out triples for a
higher-level application to deal with. It should definitely not
be allowed to start adding or deleting triples (unless
specifically asked to by the application.

Facts like these should not be judged on the syntactic level,
but with entailment facts (like our subPropertyOf testcases).

Anything else would begin to confuse our layers,