Re: Suggestion for next round of model theory document

On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 07:20  AM, Graham Klyne wrote:

> As a simple fix, I would suggest placing (something like) the
> following text at the start of section 0.2 and/or 1.2:
>
> [[[
> For the purposes of this document, the term <dfn>URI</dfn> is
> used to mean an absolute URI with an optional fragment
> identifier.
> ]]]

I really don't appreciate these ad-hoc redefinitions of URI.
Please, if we're going to be using something else, let's call it
something else.

Pat, can you do a search-and-replace for URI -> URI-view or
something like that. (The above text could explain the meaning
of URI-view.)

Thanks,