Re: big issue (2001-09-28#13)

Jan,

thanks very much for the reference! I was unaware of your work. I'll
definitely include yours and Graham's links to any summary to be
produced on the topic.

Assuming that resource constants (URIs) are atomic, your suggestion
seems even more elegant. In this case, as you point out, both resource
and literal constants can be generalized as (URI, unicode) entity
constants so that a resource constant could be represented as (xsd:URI,
"http://www.w3.org/"). I'm still wondering how important is the ability
(or inability) to discern the namespaces of URIs. After all, the ability
to download the schema describing a property or a datatype seems useful
(and intended by M&S...)

Sergey