Re: RDFCore WG minutes for the telecon 2001-09-28

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:18:30PM +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> 9: Cycles in subPropertyOf
>
> RESOLVED (unanimously):
>
>   Deleting the restriction prohibiting cycles of subPropertyOf
>   properties.  The meaning of a cycle of subPropertyOf properties is
>   an assertion that the properties involved in the cycle have the
>   same members.  A more formal specification of the meaning is given
>   in the model theory.
>
>   Propose:  Approve the test case for this issue as given in:
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0362.html
>
>   Discussion showed that there needed to be a review of these
>   test cases before approval.
>
> ACTION 2001-09-28#3: Jos DeRoo
>     Review test cases in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0362.html
>
> ACTION 2001-09-28#4: Art Barstow
>     Review test cases in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0362.html

Brian - although there is an issues for rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf
I did not find one for this test case (rdfs-no-cycles-in-subPropertyOf).
Since the WG has made a decision on this, perhaps an issue should be
added to:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/

Jos - thanks for adding Frank's test to the repository:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subPropertyOf/

I made a few changes (added a CVS tag; removed unused namespace
declarations; changed the RDFS namespace name from u to rdfs).

Anyhow, the test looks OK to me.