Re: Literals, language, equality

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:17:48 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 07:42 PM 9/30/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

>Graham Klyne wrote:
>

>>Seem to me to not be mutually satisfiable.
>

>Not even if one distinguishes between strings and literals?

Hmmm... reverse-engineering intent from English documents is such a pain ;-)

Actually, the paragraph above the definition of equality says "language
tagging is part of the string value".  It seems to me that the terms
"string" and "literal" are being used fairly interchangeable in this area.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)