RE: Issue rdfms-assertion

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:03:25 +0000
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 11:51 AM 11/16/01 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
>This is fine. We should say things to the effect that...:
>
>  (i) RDF content has, on a good day, propositional content; it corresponds
>      to statements or propositions about entities in the real
> social/legal world

(etc)

Yes, I think you outline a reasonable level of intent, though I think that
getting the words right is likely to be tricky.  I think we should be wary
about trying to say too much (i.e. in too much detail) on this topic.

Maybe something as simple as this:

[[[
RDF is intended to convey assertions that are meaningful to the extent that
they may, in appropriate contexts, be used to express the terms of binding
agreements.
]]]

?

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>