Re: Issue rdfms-assertion

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:20:51 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
I certainly think this issue can be closed.  At the same time (but not
really wanting to reopen a closed issue), I'm not sure what "not just a
data model" means.  Is the intent to suggest that if I say something by
creating a triple in RDF (say, "Joe created document foobar"), it has
more significance as an assertion than saying the same thing by creating
a tuple in a corresponding 3-ary relation in an equally-public
relational database?  Why?

--Frank