Re: datatypes and MT (#rdfms-graph)

Hi Dan,

Dan Connolly wrote:

[...]

>>We have more than that.  We have a decision made at the F2F
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/#decisions
>>

> There are several decisions there. Which one are you referring to?
> This one?
>
> "The model theory will be defined for RDF graphs, not n-triples."

That looks like it.  I'm sorry about not being more precise first time round.

> Are you suggesting that issues #rdfms-graph is actually closed,
> then?

Issue

   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-graph

has not been closed.

> I don't think it's clear what an "RDF graph" is at all.
> I think that's what we're discussing. I'm suggesting this
> as a definition of an RDF graph:
>
>         terms:
>                 constants (URIs w/fragids)
>                 string literals
>                 bnodes (existentially quantified variables)
>         statement:
>                 term term term.
>         formula:
>                 statement*
>
> 	-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Nov/0030.html

Ah, I see.  I read that originally as a proposal for something akin to an
n-triples like syntax.  Pat and others are far better qualified than I to
comment on whether this is an appropriate definition of a graph.

> I believe that discussion on this issue is still in order.
> Please confirm or clarify why not.

If you have an issue with how the model theory defines a graph that would be in
order.  If there is sufficient *new* understanding affecting the decision to use
  graphs as the syntax, it would also be in order to request the issue be revisted.