RE: What are proposals S, P and X

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:09:54 +0200
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
> Proposal X is the X-values idea from Patrick referred to in:
>

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Nov/0039.html
>
> which be loosely characterized as
>
>    define a URI scheme for typed values e.g. dt:xsd:decimal:10.

My sincerest apologies for not providing the summary of this
proposal sooner. Hopefully now things will be a bit clearer.

To clarify, URVs are useful constructs in terms of the X proposal,
but not manditory. The heart of the X proposal is a statement-centric
rather than resource-centric graph model and interpretation.

You can use the X proposal approach and never use URVs.

Please have a look at the summary I just posted.

Patrick