Re: closing semantic issues (reification)

I vaguely remember that debate.  I'm not sure that those of us involved
really had a clear idea what was meant - speaking for myself, I
didn't.  Looking back in hindsight, I think we were crudely trying to
distinguish between a "statement" as a linguistic/syntactic entity (a
"token"), and a "stating" being its interpretation (or its denotation under
some interpretation?).