Re: closing semantic issues (reification)

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:53:56 +0000
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
I vaguely remember that debate.  I'm not sure that those of us involved
really had a clear idea what was meant - speaking for myself, I
didn't.  Looking back in hindsight, I think we were crudely trying to
distinguish between a "statement" as a linguistic/syntactic entity (a
"token"), and a "stating" being its interpretation (or its denotation under
some interpretation?).

At 08:23 PM 11/7/01 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:
>For the benefit of someone else needing "bozon terms", would someone care
>to translate "stating" into some piece of vocabulary that has been used on

[...]

[...]

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>