Re: incomplete datatyping (was: Re: datatypes and MT)

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> > > If we are going to use bnodes, I would rather write this as:
> > >
> > > _x rdf:type ComplexNumber
> > > _x realPart _:y1
> > > _x imaginaryPart _:y2
> > > _:y1 xsd:number "1.0"
> > > _:y2 xsd:number "2.0"
> >
> > I'd prefer this representation too, not doubt.
>
> But aren't you confusing data type with property here?

No, I'm not. It has been pointed out many times on this list that use of
rdf:value often leads to big trouble when some resources suddenly turn
out to denote the same thing. (Brian gave an example of such clash some
time ago.) Therefore, I avoid rdf:value completely until we dashed out
the basics of datatyping.

Sergey