Re: Proposed issue resolutions

Brian McBride wrote:

> Following Dave's example of weeding out the issues list, I'd like to suggest
> these as possible quick kills.  As before, the idea here is that if there is any
> discussion to be had on any issue, it just gets dropped from the list, for now.
>   Those that survive, I'll bring to a telecon for formal closure.
>
> Propose close
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-resource-semantics
>
> on the grounds that the model theory says all that RDF is going to say about the
> nature of resources.  Further specification of the nature of resources is the
> work of other WG's.

2nded.

> Propose postpone
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-equivalent-uris
>
> on the grounds that it is out of scope of the charter.

2nded.

(in particular, point to the WebOnt WG
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/).

> Propose postpone
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-contexts
>
> on the grunds that it is out of scope of the charter.

2nded.

(maybe point to the www-rdf-rules forum.)

> Propose postpone
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-otherapproaches
>
> on the grounds that it is out of scope of the charter.

Hmm...

no, yes, you can close that one as long as

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-seq-representation

remains open.

2nded.

> Propose close
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-formal-semantics
>
> on the grounds that the model theory adequately addresses this issue.

Hmm... no, don't close that one; in particular, we haven't
answered
  When are two bags the same?
cf recent comment from Massimo...
crap; he didn't send it. Basically: I think that

	_:b rdf:type rdf:Bag.
	_:b rdf:_1 "abc".
	_:b rdf:_2 "def".

entails

	_:b rdf:type rdf:Bag.
	_:b rdf:_2 "abc".
	_:b rdf:_1 "def".

and generally: the _n arcs of a bag can be permuted.
(Sorry, Pat, for all the times I said "containers
don't have any other semantics." Massimo pointed
out to me that Bags do. He claimed Alt does too,
but I'm not convinced of that.)

> Propose close
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-logical-formalism
>
> on the graounds that the model theory adequately addressses this issue.

2nded.

(and I raised it. ;-)