Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

> Can the whole namespace-attribute `decision' be reconstructed with
> Brian's reference to XML namespace tying? Or are we determined to be
> dogmatic about the actual syntax? Wouldn't that simplify our long
search
> for consensus?

The fact is that many RDF documents are 'broken' (including most of
the examples in the recommendation) because of a fundamental
misunderstanding of the Namespaces recommendation.

I think that we should simply require all attributes in an RDF
document to be in a namespace. At the present time this means for
practical purposes that all namespace declarations be qualified, and
that all attributes be colonized.

Note however that we are saying nothing about the syntax. If there is
an update of the namespaces recommendation to some thing that is
clearer, RDF documents can then addopt that form.

this however brings up another point. How do we version RDF or
documents or the namespaces they use?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?rdf version="1.0"?>
<?namespaces version="1.0"?>

If we are talking about changing things around then we are definately
going to have to address these issues, although i think they will
(should!) prove to be easy.

Frank