Re: Communication with IG

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 07:10:18 +0100
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, RDF Core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Brian McBride <brian_mcbride@hp.com>
At 05:11 PM 5/25/01 -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>I'm not asking for our discussions to be held in the wider community (as
>much as I may believe in that option). I'm simply wondering whether it would
>be acceptable to the chairs, and technically feasible to sign members of the
>public up to a read-only email list of the discussions.

I think that Aaron has a reasonable point here, which is not at all at odds
with the stated modus operandi of this WG.

The debate is, I think, symptomatic of the fact that those who routinely
work with a permanent unmetered broadband Internet connection can forget
that the Web is sometimes not as convenient as email for those of us who
work without this luxury.