Re: action item on reification

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:51:51 -0400
To: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
CC: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I took the specific term from John Sowa's book "Knowledge
Representation".  His web page is
http://www.bestweb.net/~sowa/direct/index.htm, where there is a lot of
material on various logic-related subjects (whether he discusses EC
logic there explicitly I don't know, but he does describe the book, and
he talks a lot about EC logic in the book).  EC logic is just logic with
only the existential quantifier and the "and" Boolean connector.  It's
the subset that relational database systems support (ignoring the closed
world assumption).  It's also the subset you're using when you make a
bunch of Dublin Core statements about a publication.

--Frank