Re: try 2 - test cases for #rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity, #rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:51:56 +0100
To: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
CC: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Thanks for reviewing these.

Art Barstow wrote:

> is the following legal:
>  <rdf:DF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>    <rdf:_1/>
>  </rdf:RDF>

I know of no reason why it does not conform to the rules of the language.

> If so, it would be good to add a test for this special case.

I've updated
to include it.

> WRT #6:
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema/test006.nt
> why is this triple added to the last sub-case:
>  <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema/test006.rdf#e3>
>      <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#_1> _:stmt1 .

The last subcase is:

  <rdf:Bag rdf:bagID="e3"/>

The presence of the bagID triggers the reification of statements in the
description and placing them in the bag.  In paragraph

it states:

  A Description expressed in typedNode form by production [6.13] is
  equivalent to the same Description expressed by production [6.3] ...

Therefore this statement is equivalent to:

  <rdf:Description rdf:bagID="e3">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Bag"/>

and thus a reified statement of the rdf:type statement should be placed in
the bag.  Unless  I have missed something, that is what the statement you are
asking about does.