Re: #rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:40:35 -0500
Cc: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, guha@alpiri.com, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 06:03  PM, Sergey Melnik wrote:

> To clarify, the parsers will need to explicitly flag each generated
> resource as originating from an absolute or relative URL. Do we want to
> introduce these extra "flags" as a part of the model?

I don't know what you mean by resources "originating" from a URI
but it is my understanding that all resources are identified by
absolute URIs and not relative ones so these flags need not
exist in the model.

Also note that N-Triples requires the use of absolute URIs, and
it was my understanding that parsers should also generate
absolute URIs.