Re: (tentative) container model proposal

Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> People are using containers already - reorganising
> the RDF documents (and our mindsets) into "layers" is a great idea*, but
> containers must stay. It may be hard work (I wasn't expecting a
> cakewalk) but suddenly producing a normative document that says "there
> is no core definition of what the RDF you've been using means" is
> ridiculous. It doesn't do anyone any good.

Oh, of course not. Let be be very clear about what I mean:

When I say "take stuff out of the core" I mean that there is going to be an
RDF specification that everyone points too, it's going to define the meaning
of triples and little else and it's NOT going to define containers.

But there will be another doc that defines containers at the same namespace
and the same syntax and so the world can be happy and bright with little
breakage.

--
[ "Aaron Swartz" ; <mailto:me@aaronsw.com> ; <http://www.aaronsw.com> ]