#rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity, #rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:24:59 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
With respect to action:

  AP: 2001-06-08#3: Brian McBride: pick up on the syntax issues now the
        model details have been clarified.

from last weeks teleconference, I would like to propose the attached
McBride/Beckett proposal for parsing containers.  This proposal was circulated
on RDF Interest in December 2000

and has been received positively.

Feedback at the time this proposal was originally circulated suggested that
the interpretation of rdf:li as an attribute should be modified, e.g. in:

  <rdf:Bag rdf:li="foo"/>

There have been two proposals:

  o disallow rdf:li as an attribute

  o define rdf:li as an attribute to always translate to rdf:_1.

I suggest that rdf:li be disallowed as an attribute.

Another weakness of the original proposal is that it is not clear what
tripes to generate for the following case:

  <rdf:Bag rdf:_1="1", rdf:_2="2"/>

That said, if the WG raises no objections to the general thrust of the proposal,
I will create a fuller set of test cases.