Re: rdfms-empty-property-elements [was More on empty property elements, ID/resource and the associated productions]

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:07:46 +0100
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
CC: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> test2: No, I believe this is inconsistent with our new interpretation of
> <propElt />. It should be considered an error, in the same way error1 is.

It would be helpful if you could explain why.  The grammar production

 '<' propName idRefAttr? bagIdAttr? propAttr* '/>'

allows it and

    Specifically; each propertyElt start tag containing attribute
    specifications other than ID, resource, bagID, xml:lang, or any
    attribute starting with the characters xmlns results in the creation
    of the triples {p,r1,r2}, ...

specifies the interpretation.