Re: A use case for anon nodes - action from telecon

On Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 05:51  AM, Brian McBride wrote:

>> infer from an existential the same things they could from a
>> specific identifier.
> We need to be clear which is the tail and which is the dog here.
>
> The role of the formal model is precisely define/explain the
> intended semantics of RDF.  We choose the semantics - the logicians
> figure out how to express it.  Not the other way round.

Fine, but I find it rather hard to say that in some cases an
anonymous node simply represent something which doesn't have an
explicit identifier, and in others represents a "template" to be
filled in. I don't see how it can really be both.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>