Re: #rdfms-xmllang - summary

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:52:19 -0400
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 08:39:37PM +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
> This is an attempt to summarize the discussion of this issue to date.

Thanks for the summary Brian!

> I suggest we have to answer the following questions:

I'm wondering if we should consider a general mechanism for
handling xml:* attributes (i.e. xml:space and xml:base).

>   Aaron has proposed [9] using the trick recommended in m&s of
>   using an anon node with rdf:value and xml:lang properties.
> [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jul/0080.html

This would work for any xml:* attribute but Sergey had some
concerns about this approach:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jul/0092.html

>   Ron has suggested adding a 4th component to triples to represent
>   the language attribute

I suppose this approach would require additional components to
the tuple.

>   Graham has pointed out[10] TBL's interpretation properties[11]
>   which seem very similar to Martyn's modeling style.

Art
---