Re: Proposal: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:39:38 -0700
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>On Wednesday, July 11, 2001, at 12:27  PM, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>> 1. Are anonymous resources allowed in the abstract graph syntax?
>
>Not explicitly... I mean, I'm fine with triples stating anonymity,

?? That reads like an oxymoron to me. How can one state anonymity
without referring to the thing in question, thereby rendering it not
anonymous?

> but not with a special type of "anonymous" resource.
>
>>No specific mechanism for generating such URIs is mandated, but the
>>following options might be considered:
>
>This is the problem I have. I think all parsers should spit out
>equivalent genids for the same document -- the spec should mandate
>the genid to use.

Than it's not a genid. The global uniqueness of the token (not type)
is part of what makes the genid idea work, seems to me. If my parser
has to use the same id as your parser, then why not just include that
id in the syntax?

Pat Hayes

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)