literals as resources

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:09:27 -0400
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Just to continue the thought I was expressing when the audio cut off:

I think what a number of people are concerned about is the possibility
of spending a lot of discussion time trying to thrash out the
ramifications of deciding the question of literals as resources one way
or the other.  I'd like to suggest that anyone who wants to should
simply write up what they would like to see the M&S say about this as a
proposed change to the spec (having, possibly with the help of other
interested members, worked the details out to some level of
completeness).  I, for one, wouldn't rigidly rule a proposal along these
lines that seemed to make sense out of order on some artificial "out of
scope" grounds;  but a lot of committee discussion time without this
sort of ground work having been done ahead of time does seem like a
waste of crucial bandwidth.

--Frank