Re: N-Triples

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:11:05 +0100
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Great, I think this is really helpful.

A couple of small comments for your consideration:

(1) eoln -- I think it might be better to define this in a single network
transfer format, rather than trying to capture local system conventions:  I
would recommend the CR LF convention per MIME text/plain.  Otherwise, I
would expect to encounter interoperability hiccups if different eoln
conventions are used in an N-triples repository.  (This doesn't prevent
software from using local newline conventions.)

(2) URIs containing '<' -- per RFC 2396, sections 2.4.3 and appendix A, '<'
is not allowed within a URI (must be escaped) so I think this is a non-issue.

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>