W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > August 2001

AGENDA RDFCore telecon 2001-08-24

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:11:28 +0100
Message-ID: <3B861A40.76703697@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Time:
   10:00:00 Fri Aug 24 2001 in America/New_York
 
 which according to:
 
   http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
 
 converts to:
 
   15:00:00 Fri Aug 24 2001 in Europe/London 
   23:00:00 Fri Aug 24 2001 in Asia/Seoul
 
 Phone Number: +1 630 536 3003 room #3003 
 
 irc: irc.openprojects.net #rdfcore
 
WELCOME, ROLL CALL, SCRIBE 

REVIEW AGENDA

REVIEW MINUTES OF MEETING on 14th August 2001

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0141.html


CONFIRM FOLLOWING ACTIONS COMPLETED (2 min)

ACTION 2001-08-01#2 Brickley - Get Model Theory Introduction Slides
online

  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/mt/

ACTION 2001-08-02#10 Jan Grant Write up a fix/workaround for folks
using the currently defined semantics for domain and range constraints.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0111.html


ACTION 2001-08-02#22 Hyung-Jin Kwon Make his presentation available
on the web and  circulate URL to the list.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0143.html

ACTION 2001-08-17#6 Dave Beckett Write strawman WD on Experimental RDF
XML Syntax

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0130.html


ACTION 2001-08-17#8 Art Barstow Write strawman WD on test cases (
including n-triples).

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0118.html


REVIEW STATUS OF FOLLOWING ACTIONS (15 min)

ACTION: 2001-07-06#2 (danbri) - write test cases for the RDF schema
issues that are impacted by literals-as-resources.

ACTION 2000-07-20#10 - Bill - create xml:lang use cases

ACTION 2001-07-27#1 - EricM - For 2001-07-20 minutes re
character-encoding issue, to write up his correction and  send to list

ACTION 2001-07-27#2 - Bill - For 2001-07-20 minutes, Bill to send
mail clarifying his action to review M+S w.r.t. what it says
about literals.

ACTION 2001-08-01#3 Pat Hayes Include example in model theory slides

ACTION 2001-08-02#7 Dave Beckett With help from Art and Jan,
investigate how to represent RDF/XML grammar and the specification of the
transformation of RDF/XML to a graph representation.

ACTION 2001-08-02#12 Jan Grant Post message to list about how EASEL
uses datatypes

ACTION 2001-08-02#14 Ora Lassila Talk to Ian and Frank and get 
background on why they require cycles in rdfs:subClassOf
relationship.

ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Pat Hayes Discuss cycles in rdfs:subClassOf and
rdfs:subPropertyOf with DAML folks and report back to us.
[Plan to discuss at next DAML telecon]

ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Sergey Melnik Discuss reification alterantives
with Pat Hayes.

ACTION 2001-08-02#33 Dan Brickley Form task force with Graham Klyne,
Martyn Horner and Jan Grant to investigate the DAML+OIL approach
to XML datatypes.

ACTION 2001-08-02#23 Brian McBride Update schedule to aim for
WWW2002 announcement.

ACTIONS

2001-08-02#9 2001-08-02#25 2001-08-02#26 2001-08-02#27 2001-08-02#28 
2001-08-02#29 2001-08-02#30 2001-08-02#31 2001-08-02#32 2001-08-02#32 
2001-08-02#17 2001-08-02#19 

Dan Brickley - RDF Schema update actions as described in
  
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/#actions

ACTION 2001-08-17#1 Brian Update f2f minutes to show Mike Dean present for 
part of meeting.

ACTION 2001-08-17#2 Brian Remove decision

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/2001-08-02.html#T21-09-50

as no decision was formally made.

ACTION 2001-08-17#3 Brian McBride Gather copies of presentations and other
materials for the record and add to the web site.

ACTION 2001-08-17#4 Brian McBride Jos reported broken links in the minutes.  Art
noted the link checker at:

  http://validator.w3.org/checklink

ACTION 2001-08-17#5 Eric Miller Write a newletter summary of the face to
face for ciculation to the W3C members.

ACTION 2001-08-17#7 Pat Hayes write strawman WD on model theory with 
reification and containers removed.

ACTION: Martyn to update glosary document and collect feedback.



REVIEW MINUTES OF FACE TO FACE MEETING 1-2 AUG 2001 (10 mins)

  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/


ISSUE #rdfs-transitive-subProperty (10 mins)

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-transitive-subSubProperty

This was discussed last week but we did not formally make a decision.

Propose that Jan's message

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0031.html

demonstrates why sub-properties of transitive properties need not be 
transitive.

Propose that this issue be closed using Jan's example as an explanation.


TECHNICAL PLENARY

> W3C has announced the date/location of our next five-day All Group
> meeting: Feb 25-March 1 2002 - Cannes, France.

Do we wish to plan for a face to face at the plenary?

Propose that we do, that we should ask for a Mon/Tue slot, that
we should allow observers, that we should be disjoint with webont.
Are there any groups we would like to scheduled close to?


PROCESS FOR WD PUBLICATION

Review what we need to do to get the WD's published?

SYNTAX WORKING DRAFT

Review 

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0130.html

and discuss next steps


TEST CASES WORKING DRAFT

Review

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0118.html

and discuss next steps


RDF/XML Syntax - reifying using XML attributes only

With reference to Dave Beckett's message

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0106.html

Do we wish to make a distinction between ISSUES and EDITORIALS.

ISSUES arise where the meaning of the spec is uncertain.

EDITORIALS arise where the meaning of the spec is certain, but is 
misunderstood.

Is this an ISSUE or an EDITORIAL?


Next telecon - 10am Boston time, 31st August 2001.

AOB (5 mins)

CLOSE
Received on Friday, 24 August 2001 05:14:43 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:38:48 EDT