Re: updated draft of model theory

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:15:23 -0700
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>On Friday, July 27, 2001, at 04:49  PM, pat hayes wrote:
>
>>2. A non-empty subset P of R corresponding to properties
>
>non-empty: Does this mean that all RDF graphs must have at least one
>property in them? We can't have an empty graph?

No, but it does mean that any RDF 'interpretation' must have at least
one property in it. You can't just have a set of resources with no
properties.

I don't really know why I put this condition in, it was a kind of
knee-jerk mathematical reflex. It could be taken out without doing
any damage. Maybe I will take it out, just in case someone wants to
define a property-less interpretation for some obscure purpose.

Pat

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)
phayes@ai.uwf.edu