Introduction: Stephen Petschulat

From: Stephen Petschulat/CanWest/IBM <spetschu@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:22:59 -0700
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Hi folks,

Just a quick intro... I'm and architect at the IBM Pacific Development
Centre, recently renamed the Vancouver Innovation Center. I tend to spend
most of my time working on projects in the Education and Financial Services
sectors. I just recently finished the first phase of a project to build a
Canada wide repository of learning objects (based on the IEEE LOM spec).
RDF is part of the architecture for repository to repository metadata
interchange. In the Financial Services Sector (primarily e-banking,
insurance, and less frequently financial exchanges) I haven't run into RDF,
though I'm interested to find out if/where it might apply. I'm also running
a skunkworks project playing around with Gnutella-like P2P, decentralized
networks... there is a lot of interesting applications of RDF in this area.

My RDF exposure thus far has mostly leaned towards the metadata & Dublin
Core side of things (rather straight forward uses of the technology, I
think) rather than concept graphs, ontologies, etc, although I see some of
the work I'm doing potentially moving in this direction. So I'm looking
forward to working with you all and learning a lot as I contribute!

cheers,

- steve

Stephen Petschulat
Common Architecture and Strategy Team
Center for IBM e-business Innovation::Vancouver
4611 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Phone: 1-604-297-3231    Fax: 1-604-297-3040