Re: The RELAX NG schema for XML-Signature

Hello, I'm no longer at the W3C and these questions are probably best taken
on by the "XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group" [1]
and "site-policy" regarding copyright issues, but I provide some thoughts
below.

[1]:http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/

On Tuesday 01 April 2008, MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:
> The WXS version of the OOXML schema relies on
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd,
> which is official.  The OOXML specification does not include
> this schema, but merely references to it.  I believe that W3C
> has no problems about that.

I agree.

> The RNG version of the OOXML schema is different.  Since
> your schema uses the XML syntax and the OOXML schema
> uses the compact syntax, the OOXML schema in RELAX NG
> cannot reference to your schema.  I thus translated
> your schema to the compact syntax using trang and
> the result is attached.

I don't see the attachment.

> Now, we have a problem.  Can ISO/IEC and Ecma publish the
> attached schema as part of the OOXML specification?  I am
> not sure if this is acceptable to W3C.  Or, is it possible
> for W3C to publish the attached schema?  If this is possible,
> the OOXML specification can merely references to what
> W3C publishes.

I wrote the RNG as a personal exercise but in any case I think it would be
covered by the software license [2], just like the XML Schema version,
which does permit derivative works under certain conditions.

[2]:http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software