Re: Fwd: XML Digital Signature, a Standard?

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 17:53, joseph reagle wrote:
> XML Digital Signature, as I understand, is an IETF/W3C *Recommendation*.

It is a W3C Recommendation, which is the highest status at W3C, and an IETF
draft standard.

> Is it a Standard registered by some specialized institute, like ISO, IEEE
> etc.?

I cannot recall any national or international registration though I do
remember various specifications I worked on being translated and adopted --
I think MITI in Japan -- and perhaps some steps were taken in Europe so
that these specifications could be used by their own standards.

> If NO, is there a hard reference to XML-Signature Syntax and Processing
> document (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/): ISBN or something else?

The W3C uses a URI to identify, among other things, specifications:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig-core-20020212/
the IETF uses the RFC#:   3275.