Re: Schema centric canonicalization - Need and status

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:35:46 -0500 (EST)
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
cc: "w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

> It is not binding to the schema that is the problem.  It is *using*
> the schema in the canonicalization process.  This is AFAIK currently
> not supported by XML DSig standards.

Sure, the stnadard supports it, by allowing anyone to define a transform,
and UDDI's schema-aware transformation is one such transform.

As for implementations that support it, well...  I'm not aware of any.
Of course there are some, but I've never run into any use of it.

	/r$

--
SOA Appliance Group
IBM Application Integration Middleware