Re: Canonicalization, XAdES

Dear all

Just a couple of comments:

I agree with Blake's answer to the question.

Second, as we announced some months ago, a
interoperability plugtest on XAdES was organized
and hosted last November by ETSI, where several
companies and Universities attended...
In addition to the interoperability tests on the different
applications very fruitful discussion took place on the
specification itself, and one of the issues that deserved
more discussion was precisely the issue of the HashDataInfo
in XAdES...
At the end of the event, a report was written and issued to ETSI....
I will contact people of ETSI to make it available (I do not know for
sure the URL where it is posted...); and one of their suggestions was
to substitute the mechanisms for the inclusion of time-stamps by another
one that implementers considered more suitable in terms of validating
that what has been time-stamped was the correct sequence of octets
mandated by the spec.....

In parallel, a review process of XAdES is taking currently place
within ETSI, and in short tems the document will be publicly available
for getting comments.... If you do not mind, I can forward it to this list....
In the meantime, I will try to make available the plugtests report.

Regards

Juan Carlos Cruellas.