Re: Erratum in Exclusive Canonical XML

On Thursday 20 November 2003 07:13, Jose Kahan wrote:
> I processed all the errata except for the last one. I'm missing the one
> related to the thread started at [1]. There is some text in the
> thread, but I don't understand exactly what should be the text
> of the errata. Thus, my followup up mail.
>
> Maybe I could bother you with another proposed text for it this
> time ;)

How about (using John's text) this proposal, we could cast it as Editor or
Error I figure...:

E02 2003-11-20 (Editorial)

Section 2.3 Processing Mode specifies the processing model for generating
canonical output. The specification for the namespace node type reads,
". . . except assign the local name xmlns to the default namespace node if
it exists . . ." This "assignment" can easily and incorrectly interprated
as affecting the namespace/attribute ordering in section 2.2 Document
Order. Consequently, the text should be corrected to read '. . . except
write xmlns for the local name xmlns of the default namespace node if it
exists . . .'

BTW: the errata of exc-14n, the first sentence of the errata has been
mangled: "The Exclusive Canonicalization Recommendation has been produced
by the IETF/W3C XML Signature Working.." +/Group/
  http://www.w3.org/2002/07/xml-exc-c14n-errata