Re: XML Signature SDK Testing

From: Ari Kermaier <arik@phaos.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:34:36 -0500
To: dwight funk <dfunk@powerwayinc.com>, "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Dwight,

Take a look at http://www.w3.org/Signature/2001/04/05-xmldsig-interop.html
for a matrix of interoperable implementations. The test messages we used
are downloadable from that page:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001AprJun/att-00%2033/01-merlin-xmldsig-sixteen.tar.gz
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JanMar/att-0155/04-merlin-xmldsig-fifteen.tar.gz

Best,

Ari Kermaier

>Is there a test suite of signature documents that can be used to verify a
>vendor's XML Signature SDK implementation for compliance with the
>recommendation?  How do we know that any particular vendor's API will
>validate a signature that was created by any other vendor's SDK?
>
>I'm trying to choose a vendor's Toolkit/SDK for use in our
>application.  I've been burned in the past by vendor's not fully
>implementing a standard.  I'm interested in having a way to test a
>vendor's SDK and ensure they have fully implemented the standard.
>

>Dwight E. Funk
>Technical Software Architect - XML Technologies
>POWERWAY, Inc.
>(317) 598-6745
>
>MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH
>IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
>CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is
>not the recipient or an employee or agent responsible  for delivering the
>message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
>prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
>notify the sender immediately by E-Mail and return the original message to
>the sender.  Thank you.

Ari Kermaier    arik@phaos.com
Senior Software Engineer
Phaos Technology Corp.    http://www.phaos.com/