Re: Question for implementors: XPath model and CDATA sections

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:43:39 +0100
To: reagle@w3.org, Karl Scheibelhofer <Karl.Scheibelhofer@iaik.at>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
--On Freitag, 15. Februar 2002 15:02 -0500 Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>

> I can certainly undertake to respond to any issues related to the specs
> and  forward requests on, but I'm not sure what one can do with respect
> to Xalan  since I'm not closely involved with that work. But I think
> there are a few  implementors here using Xalan, so perhaps they could
> share their  experiences or come up with an approach?

At the moment, I'm a little bit confused. I don't know whether it's
possible to create an obfuscated XPath transform which selects only parts
of a sequence of Text/CDATA nodes?

I do the following: My c14n eats a NodeList which is a list of all (DOM)
Nodes which are to be serialized. Then I traverse the DOM tree using a
TreeWalker and if the current node is in the list, I output it. Now the
tweak: when I encounter a Text/CDATA node which is in the list, I output
all next-siblings of type Text/CDATA without checking whether they are in
the list.

Sorry for the long URL (maybe broken in two lines), but here the change is

Any ideas whether this is correct?