xmldsig-core and xml-exc-c14n published

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:39:38 -0500
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Congratulations to the WG! XML Signature is now a W3C REC (and approved for
Draft Standard Publication) and Exclusive Canonicalization should follow
soon (now a Candidate Recommendation)! Early on we faced some difficult
technical issues and a double set of process hoops to jump through, but we
preserved, ended up with a powerful and extensible spec that has at least
12 implementations! I think that's a first for the W3C -- and I'd like to
think that's because the spec is so clear but it also might have been
helped by the process lag <grin/>. So I thank everyone that has contributed
via their participation, writing, editing, coding, and patience!

With our most substantive deliverable out of the way, Donald and I have
spoken about revisiting the charter to focus on a ~6 month period of
finishing up exc-c14n, xpath-transform, operational
experience/optimizations, and maintaining the errata for the REC. (The
present charter includes many tweaks to the milestones/timeline and it has
gotten rather crufty.)