Re: Test vectors for draft-eastlake-xmldsig-uri-02.txt

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:20:40 +0000
To: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Cc: dee3@torque.pothole.com, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org, xml-encryption@w3.org
Hi Christian,

I seem to be in discord with your HMAC/SHA-384 and HMAC/SHA-512
signatures, which would lead me to suggest that either your, or
my, HMAC block size is incorrect in these instances.

Similarly, I am at variance with all three of your RSA/SHA-variant
signatures. Poking about, it appears that you may have used OAEP,
as mentioned in [1], although even with this assumption I failed
(with the minimal effort I put in) to achieve harmony.

Attached are my attempts at same, with the following caveat:

Donald, I believe (but will gladly yield to anyone who knows)
that OAEP only applies to the use of RSA for encryption, and
that PKCS#1 padding remains safe and appropriate for RSA
signatures, so your thought under section 2.3.2 might bear

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-xmldsig-uri-02.txt

>Hi Donald,
>please find attached some test vectors for [1].

computer viruses.