Moving exc-c14n forward: your response is needed!

From: Nicolas Catania <nicolas_catania@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:02:34 -0700
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>, "Gregor Karlinger" <gregor.karlinger@cio.gv.at>, TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>, Ari Kermaier <arik@phaos.com>, Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hi Joseph,

Joseph Reagle writes:

 > As mentioned in [1] and expected in [2] I'd like to move this document
 > forward. If I request Proposed REC I might be able to make a case for
 > advancement on the basis of [0], but the more documentation I have, the
 > better. In particular I'd like to:
 > 1. Fill in the row for the "#default" token and adequate performance for
 > the empty cells.

It is marginally faster depending on the size of the doc. Our code is
still fresh and full of debugging code. Hopefully after code review
and clean-up exc-c14n will be faster.

 > 2. Have a report that someone tested it (even informally) in some
 > application context (e.g., SOAP) and it did what they needed it to do.

I am finishing the conversion of our now deprecated SOAP-SEC handlers
for Axis and HP-SOAP into new WS-security ones. Since WS-security
'strongly RECOMMENDS' the use of exc-c14n, I am using it to C9ze the
SignedInfo of SOAP messages signatures.

 > 3. Have someone else try Gregor's examples.

Yes, they seem to work. We have not try the signed version that Merlin
has just sent but we will.

I'll send you HP's entry for the interop matrix as soon as I have a
better feel for the performances.

Nicolas